Thursday, November 6, 2008

Trade Me Anything for Books

Taking Thorzul's lead a bit, here is my own Trade Me Anything type of promotion.

Here's what we've got:

I need to thin out my library a bit, so I am offering up baseball books. They are all paperback, and have all been read by me. So they are in what I would call "very good" condition. Certainly not brand new, but overall pretty damn good. I'm a non-smoker.

Here's how this works. See a book below that you want? Email me at 88topps at gmail dot com, tell me which book you want, and give me your name and mailing address. First person to claim any particular book gets that book. In return, I'm asking that you send me some cards, entirely your choice. (So I'm not asking for anything like Thorzul, but rather some baseball cards of your choosing.) Got some relic Mattingly cards? Great. No? Then whatever else you feel like will be fine. If you want some further guidance, then I'd say older cards (pre-1981) would be better, and since you know how I like photographs, something with a cool or unique photo would be great. If I like what I get, I'll blog about it, and I'll link to your blog as well in the post. You do NOT need to send me cards of any value: the purpose of this promotion is not fair trade, but rather for me to get books into the hands of people who want them and also to get some cool/interesting/funny cards.

Rules:

1) One book per customer.

2) Be sure to include the book, your name, and your mailing address in your email. If not, and somebody else emails me afterwards with the correct info, you will lose out.

3) I'll email you back to tell you that you got the book. After you get the book in the mail, you can send me back you trade of whatever cards you choose.

OK, here's what I've got to give away. Click on the image to go to the Amazon.com page if you want to read about it.

(crossed out books are taken already)



Mike Schmidt - Clearing the Bases
: A nice autobiography. The parts about his early career are great. The later stuff about the Phillies in the 80s and his opinions on steroids are less interesting.



The Worst Team Money Could Buy
: I did not enjoy this book about the 1992 Mets, mainly because it was very repetitive. If you were into the Mets from the mid 80s to the mid 90s, you'd probably enjoy it.



3 Nights in August
: Pretty interesting read into what Tony LaRussa thought of his players at the time.



Game of Shadows
: read the book the started it all...



The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty
: Buster Olney is one of the best baseball writers out there and this book does not disappoint (unless of course you're a Yankees fan.)



The Bad Guys Won
: A story about the 1986 Mets that I found very interesting. It has a lot of insight into the personalities of the individual players and also characterizes some of their shocking behavior off the field.



David Wells--Perfect I'm Not
: A lighthearted and interesting biography. Worth the read.



The Wrong Stuff
: Bill Lee's excellent first book, an absolute classic.

1 comment:

--David said...

I don't have your email address at work (I think I have it at home)... I want the wrong stuff...