Wednesday, September 3, 2008

For trade

I have a bunch of stuff I've accumulated that I'd like to trade. There's nothing of massive value here, but it's too difficult to bother selling this stuff on eBay. If you'd like any of it, just let me know.

I'm looking for Don Mattingly cards, preferably more recent special insert cards, as opposed to regular cards from his playing days. I would prefer to be surprised, so send me an email telling me what you want and your address, and I'll ship the stuff out. Then you can send me whatever you've got for trade. Don't worry if you don't have lots to trade--I'll be happy with anything. If you don't have any Mattingly cards, I'll take a pack of 2008 UD Goudey instead.

Here's what I've got to trade:
  • #1: Factory sealed 1988 Donruss Baseball's Best set with a small tear on the outer cellophane but everything else intact and unopened.
  • #2: About 1500 cards from 1985 to 1989, mostly Topps, including lots of rookies, stars, and HOFers. If you've never collected from this era, you can get lots of the best cards from these years in this lot. I will throw in 20 autographed 1988 Topps cards that I never got to on this blog, including Charlie Hough, Mark Gubicza, Tim Wallach, Jamie Moyer, and a bunch of other interesting players.
  • #3: About 400 cards from 1999 to present, mostly 2007-2008, all manufacturers, including a number of short prints, rare sets, a few patch cards, etc. This box probably has some value in it and is a great intro for folks who have collected more recently. I also think some of you bloggers might enjoy breaking this one on your blog.
  • #4: Six unopened packs of UD Series 2 2008 baseball from a blaster. I pulled a relic card out of one pack and then stopped opening, so I'm pretty sure that none of these packs contain one.
  • #5: Any of these PSA graded cards (you can take them individually, not necessarily this whole this): 1961 Topps Bob Schmidt PSA 5, 1967 Topps Phil Regan PSA 7, 1967 Topps Jack Aker PSA 6, 1969 Topps Gary Bell PSA 4, 1975 Topps '74 Highlights [S Busby, D Bosman, N Ryan] PSA 6, 1986 Topps Kirby Puckett PSA 8, 1988 Topps Wade Boggs PSA 9
  • #6: About 50 singles selected for being in excellent condition, mainly star players and HOFers, dating 1975 to early 1990s, though most of the cards are from the early 1980s. Includes Nolan Ryan, Robin Yount, Eddie Murray, Ozzie Smith, Kirby Puckett, Don Mattingly, Mike Schmidt, Pete Rose, and lots of others. This one goes as a lot.
Just email me at 88topps at gmail dot com if you're interested in any of this stuff.