This is a simple giveaway. I want to finish it quickly so we can move onto the next one, which is a lot more interesting.
The prize this time around: Cards 51 through 100 of the 1988 Topps set. Click back through the last 50 posts to refresh yourself. Some of the highlight cards are Rickey Henderson, Ken Caminiti, Roger Clemens, Joe Carter, and Dale Murphy.
To enter, all you need to do is the following:
- Go to Jack Clark's Baseball-Reference.com page. Pick out any number appearing anywhere on that page.
- Add a comment on this post indicating your guess.
- While we're at it, why don't you also tell me your favorite team? For some of you, I know already (Steve comes to mind, heh.) I like to throw in a few extra cards when I send them out, so I'll try to pick ones from your favorite team.
- Post your comment by Monday, Feb 4, at 5 PM eastern.
- I am picking a number from Jack Clark's page, and the closest person to my guess wins. Averages count as decimals. For example, a .300 batting average is 0.3, not 300.
- If you win, I'll mail you the cards at no cost to you (not even a SASE!)
- One entry per person. If you make more than one guess, I will count only your first one.
- This is basically a random drawing. You have no way of knowing what number I've selected, and so this contest can't really be tested for fairness. It's my blog, so just deal with it.
- My decisions on this contest are final.
- The contest closes Monday 2/4 at 5 PM eastern time. Comments must be timestamped by the blog before then.