Monday, March 24, 2008

#276 Luis Salazar



Why this card is awesome: Because of another weird background. Sure there are a couple of Cubs there, but there's also a chubby guy wearing a white shirt and khaki shorts.

Cool stat: Salazar was a pretty poor basestealer, and he had one game where he got caught stealing twice. The Padres lost by one run, and Salazar was CS after getting on base to lead off the game, and CS again the 8th during a potential rally. In his career, he had 117 SB, but only a 69% success rate.

5 comments:

MMayes said...

The Royals signed him in '73 as a 17 year old and then release him just after his 18th birthday in June '74...presumably playing in a rookie league. Then the Pirates wait until November '75 to sign him. Sounds like Luis had a long road to get into organized ball, let alone the Majors.

Joe S. said...

I'm starting a blog through blogspot... but I'm not the most internet savvy person in the world. How do you post photos without having to use photobucket htmls? Is it even possible, or is that the same thing any other site will do for me? Thanks for your help!

I check out your site multiple times a day and have brought my old commons out of the closet... I have a new appreciation for the ineptitude of most of these guys, and pulling an airbrushed card has almost equalled the thrill of pulling a game used card!! My site is www.badbaseball.blogspot.com, by the way.

Andy said...

You can post photos by uploading them when you write a post...there's an icon in the window that looks like a little picture, and clicking that takes you to another box where you can pick photos from your computer to upload. There are other ways, too.

Joe S. said...

Thanks, Andy. As I get this thing running - certainly during the next week or two (I'm moving, which is quite time consuming) with more frequent updates, I will do everything I can to post links to your blog.

Uglee Card said...

I think Manny Trillo would resent being called "chubby."